City breaks are ideal for those who want to get away for just a few days or even a longer break. They all have plenty for the visitor to see and do and are perfect for those who enjoy spending time in the hustle and bustle of city life. However, they are all different and for those who want something a little more off the beaten track there are plenty of cities that are considered to be well worth a look.
1. Why not take a trip to the capital of Estonia? Tallinn is considered to be one of the most beautiful places in the Baltic region. Explore the Old Town district and visit some of the wonderful museums in order to find out more about the area. It is also a great place for those who want to do some shopping. There are plenty of boutiques and shops that sell items that cannot be found anywhere else. Enjoy some of the local cuisine in the restaurants and as there are now plenty of budget flights available, it will not break the bank.
2. Marrakech is just coming into its own as a holiday destination and is perfect for those who want to immerse themselves in a very different culture to their own. There are vast marketplaces where visitors are able to buy anything and everything. In recent years the hotel accommodation that has been developed there has tended towards the luxury end of the market, so there are plenty of spas to be enjoyed.
3. For those that do not mind a longer journey flights to Perth are becoming more and more reasonable. For a trip to the Australian city it is better to have at least two weeks to spare because of the travelling time, and because there is so much to see and do. The city has plenty of art galleries and boutiques and visitors are always sure of a warm welcome from the friendly locals.
4. Another long haul option is Hong Kong, and it is a must for serious shoppers. There are so many markets and stores that plenty of time will be needed to explore them all. It is also a great place for a night out, with numerous restaurants serving both local and international cuisines. Visiting Hong Kong may sound like an expensive option but visitors will be surprised by how reasonable the area can be.
5. Head over to Colombia for a trip to the city of Cartagena. This has the best of both worlds; it has the vibrant city life as well as a beach resort atmosphere. Visitors can enjoy local cuisine in the restaurants and appreciate the traditional hospitality, and also have great fun on the beach and in the clubs.
City breaks are a must for those who love to explore new places and with so many beautiful cities within easy reach it would be a shame not to take advantage of the offers available on flights. Why not take that advantage now and see more of the world?