I was there at Koh Tao for 6 nights and 7 days and during this time I stayed at the Nat Resort that is just off Sairee Beach. I really liked my stay here and the below points provide details of my overall experience.
1) If you are one who likes to be in the heart of the happening areas, close to the markets and to the beach, then Nat Resort will work for you as you will be just a walk away from all the key places, be it the shopping areas, the restaurants, the bars, the pubs and the diving centers.
2) Nat Resort, that is a part of SBC Cabanas is one of the cheapest on the island and offers private rooms (fan) with shared bathroom, private rooms (fan) with private bathroom, AC rooms with attached bathrooms and larger AC rooms. I took the private fan room with attached bathroom and got 2 beds in a large room with tables and chairs and a private sit-out.
3) Since the place is located between the Sairee beach road and the main road, access to both these roads is very easy. And since the place is located slightly inside, the noise of the nightlife doesn’t bother you during your sleep.
4) The place has wi-fi, though it is available around their reception area or in the AC rooms. This was bit of a problem, but manageable.
5) The place is located within dense tree cover and hence the evenings are prone to mosquito attack. Do carry your insect repellant with you during the evening hours.
6) The folks running Nat Resort are very nice and hardly bother you with anything.
7) The place does not have an in-house restaurant, though all the restaurants of Sairee beach and Sairee village are just a few minutes away.
8) The place allows you to wash your own clothes and hang it dry in front of your room. This is a definite plus for budget travellers who cannot afford laundry services.
I really liked my stay here and more so the island and would like to recommend this place to all backpackers.