My stay at Ko Phi Phi was for 5 nights and 6 days and during this time I stayed at the Scenery Guest House, a comfortable budget accommodation slightly away from the party zones of Ko Phi Phi. This review is based on my experience of staying here.
1) Ko Phi Phi is a small island and hence more or less every place is close to the party zone unless you are staying on the more expensive Long Beach. While this has its benefits, it is very hard to sleep in the night with all the party music thumping in your ear. The Scenery Guest House, since it is located slightly away from the party zone ensures that only minimal noise reaches you during your sleep.
2) Phi Phi has a famous view point. The Scenery Guest house is located close to this view point and hence provides easy access to the view point though you still have to climb quite a bit.
3) Scenery Guest House rooms come with AC or fan and provide options of 2 single beds, one double bed or a triple bed. I took the 2 single bed since we were 2 guys. The cost was 800 THB per night, but we negotiated to 600 THB per night. The prices in the entire island were high owing to the high season. Our room was large, had a private bathroom and and sitout that provided us with a lovely view of Loh Dalum bay.
4) The only problem with the place is that it is far away from the eatery joints. Not really far away, but say 10 minutes walk. The walk is good when you are walking towards the restaurant, but the climb feels tough when you have a stomach full of food.
5) The place has an in-house laundry service that is cheap. One can also hang dry some of their clothes outside the room.
6) The best thing about the guest house is its free wi-fi that worked always in spite of the bad weather on the island.
The place is really good for budget travelers or backpackers. Do ensure that you bargain quite a bit to get the best deal.