The Sleep Sheep Hostel is one of the older and the more well known hostels in the Old town area of Phuket. I stayed here for 1 day and 1 night and found this place to be pretty decent. Here’s my detailed review of this place.
1) The best part about this place and the rest of the Phuket old town area is its proximity to the bus station and the pier to take the boats to the neighboring islands. However, the west coast and Patong beach might be a little far.
2) The cost of living in this part of town is slightly lower than the touristy side of the town. This will work for backpackers and budget travellers, but not work for those who want to stay close to the beaches and areas which have nightlife.
3) Sleep Sheep is like any other good hostel. It is clean, provides safety lockers, has air-conditioning and fan options, serves a light breakfast, provides laundry options and has a television and reading section.
4) In terms of cost, they charge 220 THB per person for a bed with fan in mix dormitory, 300 THB for a bed in a mixed dormitory with AC and 400 THB for a bed in a female only dormitory with AC. The price includes the light breakfast.
5) The main problem with Sleep Sheep is that their front desk speak very minimal English and hence that can give you a heartache some times, but to overcome this problem, they have written some standard statements in English and kept ready.
The place is ideal for backpackers looking to either explore Phuket old town or who are looking to use Phuket as a base to get to either Koh Phi Phi, Koh Lanta, Phang nga Bay or the other islands located around Phuket.