Chi Cha Guest House near the river front area (Sisowath Quay) of Phnom Penh is a guest house any sane traveler should avoid. I was forced to stay for one night as all the other hotels in the area were sold night and I had arrived into Phnom Penh pretty late in the evening. Below is a detailed review to help you understand why I don’t recommend this hotel.
1) The place is surrounded by bars and night clubs. You can only see call girls when you step out of the hotel in the night.
2) The hotel is frequented by call girls and their customers for short durations.
3) The rooms are small, stuffy, have no windows or natural light. The showers in the bathroom trickle at a very slow pace. But, the cost is also a low 8-12 USD, which is one of the lowest in this area of Phnom Penh.
4) The good thing about the place is proximity to the river front. It is like a two minute walk to the Sisowath Quay area.
5) The guest house has an in-house restaurant, which dishes out decent Indian food. If you like Indian food, you can try the restaurant.
6) The place is run by a Bangladeshi and he is pretty helpful in giving advise and/or accommodating your requests. But, sometimes he can cheat you too. Like how he charged me USD 10 for a room that is advertised as USD 8 on Agoda hotel booking website.
If you like staying close to the river and being right in the middle of the attractive nightlife of Phnom Penh and are on a tight budget, then you can look at this place. Couple, families and other travelers who like saner surroundings, please stay out of this belt and definitely look at some other hotel.