Pai is a great scenic village in North Thailand. Even though the place deserves more time, I used it to split my long journey from Mae Hong Son to Chiang Rai. Hence, I only got to stay an afternoon, 1 night and 1 morning. During my stay here, I stayed at Twin Hut, a budget accommodation of bamboo huts located on the other bank of the Pai river in the Ban Pai village and amidst green paddy fields. Below is my review of this place.
1) Pai is a small village so most of the accommodation around Pai is close to the happening areas. So food, bus station, groceries, night markets, tour operators are all in close proximity to the bamboo huts.
2) The bamboo huts are on the other side of the river and are in more secluded area surrounded by rich countryside.
3) All the bamboo huts have electricity, mosquito nets, free wi-fi and free breakfast (simple breakfast).
4) Pai can get really cold in winter and especially during the late night and early morning hours. The bamboo huts have a lot of openings in them and hence you will get to feel the low temperatures very nicely. You can counter this by either asking the hut owners for an additional blanket or wear your thermal wear.
5) The cost of these bamboo huts is 250 THB per night. It can accommodate 2 people, has a private sit-out with a hammock, but has a shared bathroom that has a hot shower in it.
6) A small issue with the bamboo hut is that it has only one charging point so it might be a problem to charge if you carry multiple gadgets.
I stayed at Twin Hut for only one night, so cannot recommend it, but I feel it is decent enough for a budget traveller looking to stay for a long duration in Pai and who wants to sleep peacefully in the night.