This hostel came recommended to me from my friend and heavily recommended in travel guide books and hence I booked 2 days of my Hue stay at this hostel. But, when I reached the place and stayed at the hostel, I figured out that they needed to do a lot of fixing before they could run a hotel/hostel. Below review is based on my recent stay here.
1) At the outside, the hostel looks like any other backpackers hostel with a great English speaking reception, a large bar and a good restaurant. But, that is where the good things end.
2) The AC in my entire dormitory was not working and in spite of it they charged all the occupants of the dorm the full charge. Nearly 3 people got electrocuted while taking a shower in the bathroom. It looked like they had some electrical circuitry trouble in the building and that is why the customers were getting electric shocks.
3) There is a building opposite the hostel that is being demolished. This demolition ensures that you cannot stay in the hostel peacefully (you can forget sleeping or relaxing) from 7 AM to 5 PM.
4) This hostel like all other hostels has a great set of backpacker people you can interact with. They have free wi-fi and offer free breakfast. Hot shower and laundry services are also provided.
5) The place is located on the tourist street and is close to all the main attractions, the Perfume river and the night markets of Hue.
6) The reception is not bad and they refunded me my 2nd day’s payment, but they refused to give any discount on the first even though all of us sweated out in our dorm without the AC.
Currently, I would request all travelers to AVOID this hostel, unless they get their act together. When I was there, they were not safe, lacked amenities promised by them and offered a nightmarish experience due to the high decibel levels of the demolition outside. They are a good place otherwise. Just ensure that you verify the situation before planning to stay there. Personally, they lost me as their customer forever.