It took me 5 hours to find this place, but I was happy that I found it. I arrived in Mui Ne during the Tet holidays in Vietnam and like most of Vietnam, Mui Ne was either running full or overly expensive. Mui Ne is a popular beach destination that is close to Saigon and is known for its adventure sports. This quality ensured that the locals swarmed to this beach town making bookings very difficult to get. I stayed at this beach side house for 2 nights and 3 days and this review is based on that experience of mine.
1) The best attribute about this place are the people managing it. Tim Martin, Olly and a Vietnamese lady who manage this place are very helpful and try to make you as comfortable as possible. Even though I checked out on the 3rd day in the morning, they allowed me to stay in their common area till 1 AM in the night (as that was the time I had a bus out of Mui Ne). They even allowed two Canadian couples to sleep on their beach when they could not find accommodation anywhere in Mui Ne.
2) They are one of the cheapest beach side properties in Mui Ne. At $15, you can get a large air-conditioned room with a private bathroom that is equipped with a hot shower.
3) They offer free wi-fi and have a beach facing restaurant that offers decent, but basic fare. Food and drinks are good, though a bit on the higher side in terms of cost. But, the cost is offset by the location and their candle light setup for the evenings.
4) The property is in the Mui Ne town and away from the hustle and bustle of the tourist district and hence can offer you good privacy. Even though it is away from the touristy area, it still has easy access to restaurants, bars, motorbike rental shops, marts and all.
5) The beach is really just a couple of feet away. You can swim, enjoy a relaxed sun bath, indulge in some kite surfing or wind surfing and/or ask Tim to take you out sailing on his boat.
6) It is also a great place to watch beautiful sunsets.
7) Since it is in the Mui Ne town, it is closer to all the hotspots around Mui Ne, especially the Red and the White sand dunes.
If you want a quiet place that is not too expensive, but on the beach, then you should look at the Lang Cat Sand Village. It is a house that is managed by good people you will have a good time with.