Most of the tourists who come to Hanoi try and stay around the Hoan Kiem lake. While the hotels close to the lake have higher decibel levels, the ones slightly away from it have lower decibel levels. On my first stint in Hanoi, I stayed at the Hanoi City Hostel and when I returned to Hanoi, I stayed with them again for a day, but since they were sold out for the next day, they put me up at the Camilia Hotel, a couple of streets away. I got to stay here only for a night and this review is based on that short experience of mine.
1) The hotel is in a quiet neighborhood and hence the decibel levels are really low.
2) The hotel rooms are just average. It is not great or bad at the same time. The rooms are a bit damp.
3) The reception is very cheerful and always eager to help you out. But, if you book anything from them, then be ready to pay a premium.
4) The Hoan Kiem lake is a 10 minute walk away and so are the markets. The restaurants are much closer and all around.
5) The place has free wi-fi and offers laundry service.
This is a hotel that is good as a 2nd and 3rd option for budget travelers in Hanoi. May be, just about worth your money if you get a good deal.