There are a wide variety of hotels in Vientiane’s tourist district, but either they are really expensive or really cheap and the standards vary accordingly. It is tough to find a place that offers decent stay for a reasonable price. Thankfully, I found one when I stayed at the Mixok Inn for one night. It was more expensive than the dormitories and budget rooms, but for their price of 130,000 kip, they offered decent accommodation. Below review is based on my recent stay there for one night.
1) The place is like a good hotel with good soft beds, not too big a room with air-conditioning, a window, television, attached bathroom, hot shower and free breakfast.
2) Wi-fi is free here and it is of good speed when compared to the rest of the hotels around.
3) Breakfast that is served free is good enough with baguette, 2 eggs, butter, jam and coffee/tea.
4) The hotel is located close to the river, the night market, the booking agencies, the restaurants n all.
5) The hotel arranges bicycles and motorbikes for rent and provides other booking services.
6) The reception is pretty helpful and professional and try to accommodate your need.
The hotel is good if you like some basic luxury and it is always good to find a clean, quiet and comfortable place once a while. For 130,000 kip for a twin room, it is slightly expensive, but it is worth the splurge.