Sabang is the destination to go to if you are looking to explore the Puerto Princesa subterranean river national park. While most of the tourists do day trips to the national park, I decided to stay at Sabang, from where the underground river boat trips start. While I was at Sabang, I stayed at Robert’s resort and restaurant for just one night and this review is based on that experience.
1) Robert’s resort and restaurant is situated right on the beach and is very close to the office of the underground river at Sabang.
2) It has beach facing cottages, which are simple, fan cooled rooms with an attached bathroom (cold shower). The beds come with mosquito nets and the room comes with a balcony. The price for their cheapest room is 400 PHP.
3) Electricity is available in the town of Sabang only from 6 PM to 6 AM and during the other hours the resort does not run a backup generator.
4) They do not have wi-fi in this resort. So does the most of Sabang with the exception of some expensive hotels.
5) They have an in-house restaurant, but they only serve certain items on the menu. The rest is always out of stock. May be, it was because I visited in the low season.
6) The other restaurants, bars, supermarts, souvenir shops and the bus/van booking office is just a short walk away.
The hotel is decent for budget travelers and for those who just wish to spend the night here. You might need to look elsewhere if you wish for a little bit luxury.