As most of you know, I was recently invited on a media trip to Thailand by the tourism authority of Thailand. During this media trip and during my stay at Bangkok, I was put up at the Dusit Thani Bangkok, a luxury hotel in the Silom area of Bangkok. I stayed here for 2 days and 2 nights and the below review is based on my recent experience.
1) The best thing about this place is that it is right in the heart of Bangkok’s downtown. Lumphini Park, Silom, Sukhumvit, the shopping mall belt and most of the great dining areas and bars of Bangkok are located close by. Thus, location gets 5 stars.
2) Most of the people staying in five star hotels like chauffeured taxis, but I prefer public transportation in Bangkok as the traffic can get to you sometimes. In that effect, this hotel scores very well as it is right next door to the Silom BTS (Skytrain) station.
3) The hotel is nicely done in traditional Thai style and the rooms are top class as one can expect from a five star hotel.
4) They have 11 restaurants, bars and lounges in-house and the food quality is top class.
5) During my brief stay here, the facilities and services that caught my attention were a beautiful landscaped garden with a waterfall, an outdoor golf driving range, in-house shopping arcade and outdoor swimming pool with sun deck.
6) I saw boards talking about a spa, but didn’t get time to go that side.
7) The views from the room are city views and may not be that appealing. But, who stays in the middle of Bangkok for views.
8) Like any other five star hotel, all the staff of this hotel are highly service-oriented and very helpful.
If you seek luxury and wish to stay in the heart of Bangkok, do give this hotel a look.