Wangdi Phodrang, a town in Western Bhutan is known for its hydroelectric projects and red rice. It is also an ideal place to stopover on a journey from Thimphu to Trongsa while you explore Punakha enroute. I landed in this town after a trek along the river from Punakha to Wangdi. The town where all the tourist infrastructure is available is called Wangdi Bajo and that is where I stayed. I stayed just one night and one day at the SNS Lodge here and the below review is based on this recent experience of mine.
1) The SNS Lodge is possibly one of the better hotels in this small town.
2) It offers all the amenities typically offered by a decent business class hotel, like clean room, hot water, room heater, tea/coffee maker, television, etc. And all this for INR/BTN 1200 per night for Indians.
3) They even provide free wi-fi.
4) The hotel is located right in the heart of this small town and hence all necessary amenities (taxi stand, restaurants, shops, etc.) are all located close by.
5) The hotel has an in-house restaurant that dishes out good food.
6) The reception and the rest of the hotel staff are very professional and helpful.
This is a great budget place to stay at Wangdi Bajo. Definitely worth the money and perfect for a comfortable stopover.