Trongsa in Central Bhutan is a place worth staying for a couple of days as it offers a different view of Bhutan when compared to the typical valleys of the rest of the country. In a way, it is closer to East Bhutan than Central or Western Bhutan as it lies on a mountain rather than in a valley. While I was at Trongsa, I stayed in the town at a place called Hotel Norling. This review of mine is based on this recent experience of staying here for 2 nights and 3 days.
1) Hotel Norling is situated right in the heart of Trongsa town with good access to the restaurants, markets and other basic amenities.
2) It is also located at walking distance from Trongsa Dzong and T Dzong.
3) The rooms are modern, wooden rooms with a room heater, television, attached bathroom with running hot water and other basic, yet important amenities. The best part about these rooms is the beautiful view it offers of the mighty Trongsa Dzong. A cost of a room for one night (Indian rate) is INR/BTN 1200 for double occupancy.
4) The hotel is run by a family and the lady managing the day-to-day operations is extremely knowledgeable and helpful.
5) The hotel does not have any internet connectivity.
6) Hotel Norling has an in-house restaurant that dishes out some great Bhutanese and Indian dishes from 7 AM through 10 PM.
7) The place is also very close to the taxi and bus stands.
The place is ideal for those who look to stay in the heart of town, looking for decent accommodation at a budget price and wish to be in close proximity to the main tourist attractions.