On my recent trip to Malaysia where I was on an invite by Tourism Malaysia, I got the opportunity to stay at the Prince Hotel and Residence, a 5 star and business friendly hotel in the Bukit Bintang area of Kuala Lumpur. I stayed here for 1 day and 1 night and the below review is based on this recent experience of mine.
1) This hotel is located right in the commercial area and central business district of KL. Hence, all the big office complexes, the shopping malls and main tourist attractions in the city center are in close proximity. Great connectivity is an added bonus.
2) The Prince hotel is located very close to the iconic Twin towers. In fact, one can easily see the Twin Towers and the KL tower from some of the hotel rooms.
3) The hotel, in line with its 5 star status offer great quality and excellent service at decent prices. Since it is more of a business class hotel, it caters to large business groups too.
4) The hotel has a couple of in-house restaurants that offer a great spread that span from continental to Malay to Indian to Chinese. Overall, a lip smacking treat for the foodie.
5) The rooms in this hotel are medium sized, but offer all the modern amenities. They even offer wired internet.
6) If you wish for a room with the twin towers view, simply ask for one. I stayed at room no. 2707 and it had a great view of the Twin Towers and the KL tower.
7) As with most other hotels in the Bukit Bintang area, getting to the hotel from the airport requires a lot of driving . Hence, the airport express trains are the best bet. They are comfortable, fast and help avoid the crazy KL peak hour traffic.
Overall, this is an affordable luxury class business hotel in the heart of KL. It offer more than enough amenities for the price it charges along with great quality and service.