On my recent trip to Muscat, the capital city of Oman, I stayed at the Park Inn by Radisson Muscat. This is a 4 star property that is comfortably located in the heart of the city. The below review is based on my recent experience of staying 3 days and 2 nights here.
1) This is a very comfortable business friendly 4 star hotel that is located right in the heart of Muscat. And the costs are very affordable at about USD 125 for their entry level rooms.
2) The hotel is located only about 15 minutes from the airport and about 30 minutes from the Corniche area and the central business district.
3) There is a lot of construction happening around the hotel, so there might not be eye catching views all around, but one can get good views of Muscat’s wide open spaces from their roof top bar.
4) They are one of the few premium places to have a bar license and have a excellent bar and lounge that is located around the roof top swimming pool.
5) The rooms in this hotel are not that big, but they have all the amenities of a good business class 4 star hotel.
6) The hotel is one of the few hotels in Muscat to have blazing fast internet.
7) Park Inn has 2 in-house restaurants. One of them specializes in steaks. The food is of good quality, though there is nothing exceptional about it.
8) The staff are very customer oriented, but their front desk face some English language issues and are slow when they come up against multiple customers.
9) The hotel is located next to shopping malls and is not far away from most of Muscat’s top tourist attractions like Sultan Qaboos mosque, the Sultan’s palace and much more.
Whether you are a business or leisure traveler, if you are looking for a good 4 star hotel in Muscat, you should give this place a try. I would love to stay here again.