When most of us think of Oman, we visualize deserts, hot weather and dry landscapes. Even I had similar pre conceived notions in my head when I visited this beautiful country for the first time. Most of the country stayed true to my pre-conceived notions, but when I visited the scenic property of ‘The View’ at Hail Al Shas, all such notions flew out of the window as I saw a Oman that had rain, flash floods, mountainous dirt tracks and finally a fairly nippy night in the peak summer months. I was lucky to see all this when I stayed at ‘The View’ on my recent trip. The below review is based on my recent experience of staying here for a night.
1) This place has stunning setting. Situated on the edge of a cliff and surrounded by mountains, this property offers great views of the Al Hamra town situated below. The view is so good that you feel like waking early in the morning and see the scene just around sunrise.
2) This place is just about 30 minutes from Nizwa and hence if you are planning on exploring this cultural capital of Oman, then ‘The View’ can be a great off beat accommodation option as it offers the best of both worlds.
3) Jabreen castle, Bahla Fort, Al Hoota Caves and Jabal Shams are all easily accessible from here.
4) All the rooms in this property allow the visitors to enjoy its special views. They are either superior rooms or suites.
5) The place has a nice swimming pool overlooking the view.
6) The common dining area is situated on cliff’s edge and provides one of the best views of the Al Hamra town below. Food is served in buffet style and is a mix of middle eastern, continental and Indian.
7) The people running the place are extremely friendly and are really into pleasing their customers.
8) The rooms are nothing fancy, but come with all the modern luxuries that one will find in a 4 star hotel.
If you are one of those types, who likes a off beat hotel that is away from the hustle and bustle, but is not too far, then you should definitely look at this place. And definitely so if you are a star gazer. I would love to visit this place again.