Pamukkale is one of those beautiful spectacles of mother nature that it comes under every itinerary in Turkey. And it came under my month long backpacking trip in Turkey too. I stayed at Pamukkale for three days and 3 nights and during this time, I found myself a place called ‘Kale Hotel’ to sleep. The below review is based on my recent experience of staying here.
1) Pamukkale is a small town and everything is within a short walking distance, but even in that, the Kale Hotel is located right in the center of things.
2) The place is run by a family, who are simple and cordial. The son speaks Korean and hence the place is very popular with Koreans. They also serve Korean food in their restaurant.
3) Right opposite the place is a happening club and hence the noise levels stay high till about midnight. If you are an early sleeper, ask for the rooms on the back side of the hotel.
4) They have both dormitories and rooms and serve free breakfast, though the breakfast is simple.
5) They offer free wi-fi to their customers and the wi-fi speed is decent.
6) Everything is good about the hotel except for the fact that at many places it looks dirty. Actually, it is because the building is old and needs a new coat of paint.
7) Most of the restaurants, the main entrance to Pamukkale, tour operators and shops are located within close walking distance from the hotel.
This hotel is great for people on a budget. The Kale hotel would be great if it got renovated and got a new coat of paint. Otherwise, a good option for budget travelers.