Mardin is one of Turkey’s gems that locals seem to adore. It is one of those destinations that top the list of all domestic holiday destinations in Turkey for local travelers. It’s desert type architecture and its rich middle eastern look appeal to one and all. But, mostly all tourists come for its Mesopotamian connection as this desert town used to be an important component in Mesopotamian history. On my recent visit to Turkey, I visited this sensationally beautiful town and stayed here for 3 days 3 nights. During these 3 days, I stayed at the Mardin Apart Hotel, a new and good budget hotel. The below hotel review is based on this recent experience of mine.
1) The Mardin Apartt Hotel is a brand new property. Hence, its quality of rooms is much better than the other hotels which fall under the same price range.
2) The hotel is located right in the heart of the city and hence all the tourist attractions are located within short walking distance. So are the restaurants, supermarkets and travel agents.
3) Unfortunately, the hotel staff don’t speak any English, but with Google Translate and their desire to help me, we got along very well and I had all my queries answered.
4) The hotel does not have an in-house restaurant, but serves free breakfast every morning at their dining hall.
5) The hotel has free wi-fi facility, but sometimes the reception is a bit weak in the rooms located on the first floor.
6) The rooms are modern and come with television, hot showers and windows. Air-conditioners are turned on during the hot season.
The hotel offers great value for money. I actually got a full room for the cost of a hostel bed. If you are visiting Mardin, do remember to check this place out.