Brisbane, the capital city of Queensland state is a riverside city that is worth exploring on your Queensland holiday. At a couple of hours away from the Sunshine coast and the Gold Coast, it makes for comfortable getaways to these hot beach destinations. During my recent visit to this young and super cool city, I stayed at the Mercure Brisbane, a contemporary hotel located in the heart of the city. The below review is based on my recent experience of staying here.
1) The Mercure Brisbane is a brand new property. It recently underwent a multi million dollar renovation and hence everything looks sparkling new.
2) The beautiful contemporary look of the interiors of the hotel and its rooms are a treat for the eyes. They make for great taste for both business and leisure travelers.
3) Most of the rooms of the hotel offer a view of the Brisbane riverside and the action surrounding it. It is a great way to enjoy a Brisbane sunrise or sunset depending on which room you are in.
4) The hotel is located right in the heart of the city and is a short walk away from the City Hall, Queen street Mall, Albert Street and other key attractions.
5) It has all the luxuries of a 4 star hotel which may include: currency exchange, concierge desk, 24 hour dining, internet connectivity, outdoor swimming pool and sauna, porter service, rental car hire, limousine service and much more.
6) The front desk of this hotel were pretty friendly and helped me with guidance and an Australian travel charger, which I had forgotten to pack.
7) The in-house restaurant is also of great quality. I absolutely loved their excellent breakfast spread.
If you are looking for a luxurious 4 star hotel with some class in the middle of the central business district, then the Mercure Brisbane might make for a great choice. Do check out their weekend packages as they might help you find more value for your money.