There is always a certain charm of staying in a historic building. On my recent visit to Los Angeles, I stayed at the Ace Hotel in Downtown LA that once used to be a film studio. This hotel review is based on this recent experience of mine.
1) Everything about this hotel screams retro and classic. From its rough looking exteriors to library themed reception, from its record player in its various rooms to the overall minimalistic and grunge look, this place definitely captures the eye and attention. It is made to look like how artists of the era gone by lived.
2) Even though this hotel is set in retro style, it is a luxury hotel that is set right in the heart of downtown LA. It is located close to the fashion district, jewellery district and also the metro station.
3) One of its better features is its lively rooftop bar and pool that offer great nightlife amidst sensational views of LA downtown and beyond.
4) The place comes with an in-house restaurant that serves classic American and Continental breakfast, lunch and dinner.
5) They offer free wi-fi to all the rooms and the connect is excellent all around the property.
6) They offer valet parking , parking facilities, gym, swimming pool, laundry, spa and much more.
7) Restaurants, shopping malls, boutique shops and supermarkets are just a short walk away.
8) They have their own historic theatre where films used to be screened in its heyday. Nowadays, some plays and music events take place here.
If you are looking for a classic styled luxury hotel in the heart of downtown LA, then you should give the Ace Hotel a look. It offers a special retro experience with a great rooftop bar.