Recently, I went to the fairy tale Black Forest in the Schwarzwald region of Germany. This whole region is insanely green and picturesque and is loaded with stories. For a part of my Black Forest trip, I based myself at the scenic mountain town of Triberg where I stayed at the Best Western Plus Hotel Schwarzwald Residenz. The below review is based on this experience of mine.
1) The hotel is located on top of a hill and hence commands a great view over Triberg town. However, it is a about a 10 minute downhill walk to the city center. Everything is in short access if you are a good walker as most paths are steep from the hotel.
2) The hotel is designed keeping families in mind. They have lots of open space, cosy rooms with big balconies, a swimming pool, a sauna, games and much more.
3) If you have a car, you can park at the hotel or in front of it.
4) The hotel has great internet access and is accessible everywhere across the hotel.
5) The Black Forest Museum, the Triberg waterfall, the Baroque church, the city center, restaurants, shops, supermarkets and travel agents are only a 10 minute walk away, but do remember that the return journey will be an ascent.
6) The hotel has an in-house restaurant that serves good buffet breakfast and great local and continental dishes for lunch and dinner. It also has a great bar that is set in a beautiful space with old music records.
7) The hotel front desk are always ready to help and I found their tips really helpful.
If you are a family visiting the Black Forest region of Germany and are looking for comfortable accommodation, you might want to look at the Best Western Plus Hotel Schwarzwald Residenz.