Black Forest is one of South West Germany’s top attractions and Wolfach is right in the center of it. Hence, in all probability, you might want to base yourself in Wolfach for a part of your Black Forest holiday. I did precisely that on my last visit to the Schwarzwald area and at that time I stayed at a simple and nice family run property called Gashthof Hecht or Hotel Hecht. The below review is based on this recent experience of mine.
1) Hotel Hecht is right in the middle of Wolfach town. Hence, it has great access to all of the town’s highlights. It is a short walk from the train station, the traditional glass factory and museum ay Dorotheenhutte and a short drive to the 400 year old farmhouses of Vogtsbauernhof.
2) This family run hotel that is a historic timber-framed house has nice cosy rooms that offer all modern facilities and a great view of the main street of Wolfach.
3) The husband and wife duo, the owners of this hotel are great to talk to, are very helpful, offer great advice and prepare great food.
4) The guest house has an in-house restaurant that dishes out delicious traditional food and wine. Breakfast is included in the price for boarding and is yummy and wholesome.
5) The guest house has great internet connectivity.
6) Parking and laundry facilities are also available here, though I did not use neither of those facilities.
If you are a couple or a family looking for a cosy hotel for your Black Forest holiday, you might want to look at this hotel. It has all the necessary ingredients and it offers great value for money.