Are you planning a holiday to Los Angeles? Well, if Rodeo drive, Hollywood, Universal Studios, Sunset Boulevard, Malibu, Santa Monica and others are on your radar, you might want to park yourself in a good hotel in LA. That is precisely what I did when i stayed at the Hotel Figueroa in downtown LA on my recent trip to Los Angeles. I stayed at this hotel for 4 days and 3 nights and the below hotel review is based on this recent experience of mine.
1) This 1925 hotel is located right in the heart of Downtown LA. Grammy Museum, Nokia Center and Staples Center are neighbours. The Financial district and the Jewellery district are a short walk away. It is next to a large shopping mall and the metro is just a 7-10 minute walk away, which means that connectivity to most of LA and its suburbs is easy. Many supermarkets, shops and restaurants are also within walking distance. In summary, prime downtown location.
2) This is a 4 star that is designed for couples and families. However, due to its proximity to the financial district even the business people seem to prefer it. Decked up in a Spanish Mediterranean design, this hotel has a classic and rich look. It comes with a verandah poolside lounge, outdoor pool, lush garden landscape and in-house restaurants.
3) The in-house restaurant serves great breakfast and dinner for an additional fee.
4) The rooms are large and come with all modern facilities that befit a 4 star hotel.
5) Complimentary wi-fi is available all through the hotel and the speeds are great. If you wish, you could upgrade to a higher speed for an additional fee.
6) They offer dry cleaning, laundry and other housekeeping services that come in handy for longer stays.
7) The front desk is super helpful. They helped me with free printouts, maps, directions, luggage storage, parcel delivery and much more.
8) The hotel also offers its parking facilities, though it charges an additional fee for it.
9) While I was staying there, I noticed people from all over the world staying here: Indians, Chinese, Americans, South Americans, Mexicans, Europeans and others.
If you are a holidaying couple or family and looking for a comfortable hotel in downtown LA, I would definitely recommend that you take a look at Hotel Figueroa Downtown LA. Apart from great value for money, you will get prime location and a great ambience.