It is not often that we get a chance to have our breakfast or evening tea with peacocks! The Nirvana @ Bekal, situated right next to the historic Bekal Fort and the calm Bekal beach is one such place. I stumbled upon this place as I had no prior bookings and wanted to find a place close to the highway and close to the Bekal fort. I stayed here for one day and one night only, but during that short stay, I liked many things about this place. Below is my detailed review about this hotel property in Bekal.
1) The hotel property has a traditional look, but inside the rooms it is full of modern comforts with quality mattresses, air-conditioning, satellite television, hot showers and all.
2) The best feature about this place is that it is located right next to the Bekal Fort and which means that you are just a short walk from exploring the historic Bekal Fort, which is the main attraction here. One can visit the Bekal beach either from the fort or directly from the hotel premises. The hotel has it own private beach entry, which is just a minute walk away.
3) The hotel serves moderately delicious food. The menu was limited. May be, it was due to us visiting in the low season. But, the thrill was eating our breakfast with peacocks who live in the woods around this hotel.
4) The people running the place are very down to earth, helpful and always pack a huge smile on their faces. This is one attribute I like a lot in hotels.
5) The hotel also offers free wi-fi, though it is accessible only in some rooms and in the common area. If you need to access the wi-fi at all times, request for a room that is close to the wireless router.
6) This hotel can be booked through many online portals, but if rooms are available, the front desk provides the best discounts. When I visited them, I got a pretty healthy discount to the normal tariff that seemed to be the going rate on all online portals like cleartrip, makemytrip, yatra, expedia, etc.
7) This place doesn’t fall under the budget category. Rather, it comes under the mid-budget to mid-luxury category. If staying close to Bekal Fort is your agenda, then there is no place better than this. Apart from the fort and beach, there is not much to do here.
If you wish to know more about this place and/or make bookings, look up the Nirvana website.