Amman is one of those gorgeous capital cities that has a beautiful mix of history, culture and new age action and drama. If you are traveling on a holiday to Jordan, I am pretty sure that you might want to spend a few days exploring the capital city of Amman too. On my recent holiday to Jordan, I stayed at Amman for a few days at the Crowne Plaza Amman Hotel. This hotel review post is based on that experience of mine.
1) This 5 star hotel property enjoys prime location and that I think this attribute makes it a hot favorite in a burgeoning capital city such as Amman that is trying to come to terms with its increasing traffic woes. It is possibly the closest 5 star luxury hotel to Queen Alia International Airport. It is just 10 minutes from the famous attractions of Amman – Amman Citadel, Roman Theatre and Souk Zara. It is located close to the business district and to the shopping malls.
2) This contemporary styled hotel that is a part of the InterContinental Hotel Group is ideal for both business and leisure travelers as it offers a great mix of luxury, facilities, food and technology.
3) The hotel has some fantastic internet connectivity, possibly the best one that I experienced in the whole of Jordan.
4) Given that Amman experiences a lot of hot days during the year, one can find solace in the indoor and outdoor pools of the hotel that is replete with jet showers, whirlpools, child pools and full size ones.
5) Food is another strong suite of this hotel. It is home to a fantastic cafe, a traditional restaurant, a bistro bar, a continental restaurant and other international styled restaurants.
6) The rooms, like most 5 star hotels are full of new age luxuries such as super soft bedding, quiet zones and the likes. I loved their environment friendliness through their go green movements.
7) While the modern side of Amman is located close to the hotel, the old city of Amman is located about 30 minutes away. If you wish to indulge in a tour of the local markets, do plan to leave early so that you can skip the heavy traffic.
If you are looking for a luxury hotel in Amman that offers a good mix of luxury, high food standards, proximity to airport and key attractions, do look up Crowne Plaza Amman Hotel. And if you decide to book your stay there, ask them for a room with a great city view.