Are you planning a holiday to mother nature’s very own mud spa? Well, if you have decided to experience the Dead Sea, one of the world’s most celebrated natural wonders, I am pretty sure that you don’t mind to splurge and indulge in a bit of luxury. On my holiday to Jordan’s Dead Sea, I stayed at the Jordan Valley Marriott Resort and Spa and the below review is based on this recent experience of mine.
1) Like most luxury properties by the Dead Sea, the Jordan Valley Marriott Resort and Spa enjoys a private beach on the Dead Sea and this is definitely the highlight if you are visiting for a special Dead Sea experience. They offer towels, foot wear, lifeguard, the famous Dead Sea mud for your own spa treatment and much more that will make your Dead Sea experience that much more richer.
2) The Jordan Valley Marriott Resort and Spa may not be the best option for a romantic getaway, but is perfect for those with kids and those who are traveling with families and friends. It is home to many swimming pools, which is a blessing as you definitely need a place to cool off. The best part about these swimming pools is that each one caters specifically to a different audience (kid-friendly, by the bar for partying adults and a regular Olympic sized swimming pool for those who want that much more.
3) The hotel organizes special events every night that highlight some aspect of the local culture. While I was there, I got to see belly dancers show their signature moves and local musicians play some traditional music.
4) The property is quite big with a lot of rooms. Do be prepared to walk a lot and lose your way from time to time. They do offer buggy service if you wish to give your feet some rest.
5) I was a bit disappointed with the food, but may be, I was unlucky. They definitely seemed to have a mighty big spread.
6) The place has great internet connectivity. If I remember right, I was connected even at the Dead Sea beach, which was awesome.
7) Like most 5 star hotels, the Jordan Valley Marriott Resort and Spa is very customer centric and they try to help in any way possible.
8) They also arrange destination weddings, offer the services of a spa, a fitness center, a meeting hall and lots of options for dining.
If you are looking for a kid and family friendly 5 star hotel by the Dead Sea of Jordan, the Jordan Valley Marriott and Spa would definitely be a good option. It definitely offers good value for money.