Aqaba, the beach resort of Jordan is one of the hot destinations of Jordan. Not only is it blessed with pristine white beaches and coral rich waters, it is a visa free and duty free zone, thus offering the best of all worlds in this gem of the Middle East. If you are planning a holiday to Jordan, Aqaba will definitely be an integral part of the itinerary. For the neighbours (Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Israel, rest of the Middle East and the pilgrims who are returning from Mecca), Aqaba offers a perfect weekend beach getaway. In case you fit into either category, you will definitely be interested in a good place to make your base during your Aqaba beach holiday.
During my visit to Jordan’s Aqaba, I stayed at the uber luxurious Movenpick Resort and Residences Aqaba, a five star hotel with rich traditional décor and fantastic customer service. The below hotel review is based on this experience of mine and hopefully it will help you in choosing your hotel property for your Aqaba holiday.
1) The Movenpick Resort and Residences has it own private beach that offers you the best access to the Red Sea. In addition to Mother nature, they also have 4 swimming pools that allow you to stay cool in the hot weather.
2) This 5 star hotel offers an interesting mix of suites, apartments and rooms thus appealing to large size families. Most of these rooms come with a balcony, thus offering you either a view of the property or the Red Sea.
3) Designed in a combination of European and Arabic architecture, the hotel is plush and luxurious all around. From stunning mosaic work to tastefully done with marble flooring, one can find grandeur and luxury in every corner of the hotel.
4) From kid sized pools to a whole bunch of activities lined up for the young ones, this Movenpick property is pro kids and pro families.
5) Aqaba is known for its water based activities and the hotel travel desk arranges everything from scuba diving, snorkelling, sunset cruises, jet skiing, glass bottomed boat rides to para-sailing, fishing and so much more.
6) The hotel is located real close to all the shopping centers, such as Souk by the sea, the traditional local market, the duty free shops and the shopping malls. All of them can be easily covered by walk.
7) Movenpick Aqaba has a variety of eating options that includes 8 restaurants and bars. From their Afro-Arabian restaurant to fine Mediterranean dining and the best of pastries and cakes, dining is absolute joy here. And don’t forget to dig into their iconic ice creams while you are staying with them.
8) The entire hotel property is fitted with fast wi-fi and that comes in handy for travel bloggers such as me who need to be connected all the time.
9) The hotel is located not too far away from the airport and in fact, it is not far from any of the attractions or destinations in the city.
If you are looking for a family-friendly luxury hotel in Aqaba that is located right next to the beach and one that caters to a wide variety of budgets, I would recommend that you take a look at Movenpick Resort and Residences Aqaba.