Are you planning to get your Taiwan visa done at Hong Kong? Wondering about the process and/or how easy it is to apply for your visa here? Well, it is fairly simple as I got my Taiwan tourist visa after applying at the Taiwan Economic and Cultural office in Hong Kong. All you have to do, is go to the Taiwan economic and cultural office website, read all the details, fill the application form online and take all the required documents to the Taiwan embassy in Hong Kong.
Following are the documents you need to carry with you (for a tourist visa) while you go to the embassy in Hong Kong.
1) Passport with at least 6 months validity and 2 clean pages
2) Print out of form filled online. This needs your signature
3) 2 recent colour photographs (5 cm x 5 cm)
3) Bank statement of the last 3 months (ensure your account has at least 3,000 USD) or income tax statement of the last financial year or proof of current employment
4) Copy of your passport front and back pages
5) Copy of your flight tickets, though sometimes they don’t ask for it
The embassy folks like well dressed people who follow the rules to the last detail. If you need to do any photo copies, you can do it at the embassy for 1 HKD per page. The office works from 9 AM to 5 PM from Monday to Friday. Do check for local or Taiwan holidays before planning your visit.
If you submit your documents before 10 AM, you can expect to receive your visa the same day between 4 and 5 PM. If you submit before 1 PM, you can expect to receive your visa the next day between 4 and 5 PM. The embassy accepts visa applications only between 9 AM and 1 PM and they are very strict about their timings.
The cost of a single entry tourist visa is 400 HKD and 50% more for same day turnaround. Fees for other visa types can be found from the Taiwan embassy website. The place is in the Admiralty area of Hong Kong Island and is easily accessible from the MTR. The Taiwan website has all the necessary information.