After a long wait, I have finally moved from Google’s default, yet functional blog search to the more powerful Google custom search. Apart from giving me the functionality to customize the search function completely, it allows you to search easily through a whole bunch of helpful features.
Below are a list of helpful features for the user and the blog owner:
1) Auto suggestions as you type in your search text
2) Accurate content search with thumbnails of each post
3) A superb images search, like Google image search that leads to the respective post
4) Ability to search by relevance or date
5) Search box always located on the top right corner of the site
Blog Owner Features
1) Ability to make money through Google Ads within search results
2) Ability to customize the look and feel of the search box, results n all to a large extent including styles, themes and all
3) Increase in traffic through search due to more visual and helpful features
4) A reporting interface that integrates very well with Google Analytics and show search related data
Auto Suggestions as you type
Web Search with thumbnails that link to each post
Image Search (similar to Google Images Search)
I hope you like this search feature and are easily able to find interesting travel information and more photographs from my blog that has close to 1000 posts.