I was forced to stay at this expensive hotel due to the over booked status of the hotels in Hoi An on the night I arrived. This was due to the Vietnam New Year. Even though I was forced to stay at this hotel, the hotel in itself was not bad at all. In fact, it was perfect. It cost me $35, but it was worth it in all ways. May be, I would not stayed here for more nights as the cost was high, but if I were on a short holiday, I would definitely have stayed here longer. Below review is based on my 1 night and 1 day stay at this hotel.
1) The Phuoc An River Hotel is a 3 star hotel and hence you can expect the basic luxury amenities to be present. The rooms are fairly large with 2 double beds, a LCD television, AC, a balcony, a private bathroom with soap, shower gel, toothbrush, toothpaste, towels, etc., a mini bar and a wardrobe.
2) If you are a good eater, you can make full use of the healthy spread that the hotel lays out during breakfast. If I remember right they had more than 20 items that spanned continental and local dishes. The views from the restaurant are fantastic.
3) The location of this hotel is also its trump card. It is right opposite the Thu Bon river and about a 10 minute walk from the Cua Dai beach.
4) The hotel has an in-house spa that can be used for those in need of some relaxation.
5) The reception at this hotel is very attentive and ensure that all your questions are promptly answered and they try and help wherever they can.
6) If you are a internet-sapping traveler like me, then you will like the internet connectivity in this hotel. I got speeds in excess of 4 MBPS here.
7) The hotel is a little bit away (5 kms) from the old quarter of Hoi An. They offer free bicycles and paid shuttle buses to help you offset this distance.
I could have got a room in this hotel for less than the 700,000 VND that I paid, but since it was the Tet holidays, every hotel had hiked their prices. If you can get a lower rate for this hotel, you should definitely look at them as they can really make your stay comfortable.