Generally, I stay in backpacker style accommodation or hostels, but since my sister and her husband joined me for a short location, we tried finding a family friendly place in Langkawi and that is how we ended up at the Sweet Inn Motel in the Pantai Cenang area of Langkawi. The below review is based on my recent experience of staying 4 nights here.
1) The hotel comes with decent sized rooms that can fit 3 people comfortably. When I booked these rooms initially over Agoda, I ended up paying 110 Ringgits, but when I extended the initial booking for 2 more nights, the hotel owner was kind enough to give it to me for 70 Ringgits.
2) Each room is air-conditioned and comes with an attached bathroom that has hot shower facility. There is also a shared balcony with 2 easy lounge chairs.
3) Free breakfast is served every morning from 7 AM to 10 AM. This includes, toast, rice/noodles, egg/chicken and cornflakes/milk. The breakfast is nothing special, but not bad too.
4) The place comes with free wi-fi, but sometimes the wi-fi fails to connect in the 1st floor rooms. The speeds are good though.
5) This hotel is all about location. It is one street behind the Pantai Cenang beach and hence that is a plus. It is located close to the taxi stand, laundry stores, travel agencies, restaurants, shops and more. This makes it a great place to stay as one doesn’t need to walk too much to fulfill basic travel needs.
6) The good things about this hotel is that it is located in a very quiet part of the happening area, the people running the place are very cordial and eager to help and the rooms are very clean.
7) The hotel arranges tours too and the cost is more or less similar to what is available with other travel agencies. However, some shops do sell these tours at a much lower cost.
A lot of people staying here were couples or families with young children. They were all happy with the place and so were we. I would stay here again if I went with my family.