On my recent trip to Jaisalmer, I stayed at 2 places. One was a luxury property in the middle of the Thar desert and the other was a budget hotel located close to the Golden fort of Jaisalmer. This review of mine is about the budget hotel called ‘Mystic Jaisalmer’ where I stayed for 2 days and 1 night.
1) This hotel enjoys prime location. It is situated just outside the fort and all the tourist attractions like the Fort, the Havelis, the Bazzar, Gadisar lake and the Jain temples are located close by. A lot of people prefer hotels located inside the fort, but the drainage problem is actually destroying the foundation of the fort and hence is not recommended.
2) This hotel comes under the budget category and offers dormitory, fan cooled and air conditioned rooms. I stayed in a non-air-conditioned dormitory, which is comfortable with a fan, attached bathrooms and safety lockers. However, I won’t recommend this place during the hot summers unless the hotel owners make the dormitory air-conditioned. The dormitory costs INR 300 per bed, while the other rooms cost INR 600 and INR 1000 for fan-cooled and air-conditioned respectively.
3) The hotel offers free wi-fi and one that is comfortably fast.
4) The hotel has a roof-top garden restaurant that offers great views of the fort. It is also very breezy under the star-light night sky. The food though is not that special, but it is alright.
5) The hotel is fairly new and hence the infrastructure is very good and all the areas and rooms are very clean.
6) The people running the place are also very service-oriented and hence try to help the tourist as much as possible.
7) They also organize their own camel tours and night safari in their desert. It looks like they own another budget property or camp in the desert.
8) The only sad part is that this hotel is surrounded by filth like the rest of Jaisalamer city.
9) The bus station, train station and other restaurants are also located within walking distance from the hotel.
I would definitely recommend this hotel if they make all their rooms air-conditioned. Even otherwise, I would recommend for its good service and proximity to attractions. According to me, they make for a great budget hotel in Jaisalmer.