Normally hotels that have a stunning view are either 5 star, 4 star or insanely expensive. It is very rare to find a budget backpacker hostel with a view. But, I am so happy that I found that in Nobel Hostel, a budget hostel located in the Sultanahmet area of Istanbul. I stayed here recently for 4 days and 3 nights and the below is a detailed review based on this recent experience of mine.
1) The Nobel hostel has top location. It is located right behind the Sultanahmet Blue Mosque, a couple of steps away from the Arasta Bazaar and easy walking distance to Topkapi Palace and Hagia Sophia.
2) The hostel comes with a stunning view. Most of the rooms either offer a view of the Blue Mosque or the Bosphorus. The terrace offers insane views of both. On a clear day, you can enjoy your tea and/or beer at this terrace while soaking in the views.
3) The hostel is just a 5 minute walk from the Sultanahmet tram station, which means that the ferry stations of Eminonu (for the Bosphorus cruises), Taksim area (for shopping, eating and drinking) and the Grand Bazaar (for local shopping) are just a few tram stops away.
4) The hostel offers cosy dormitories and private rooms at budget prices. They charge 10 or 11 Euros per bed for the dormitory. These dormitories come with views, windows, heaters, safety lockers, great soft beds, towels and a shared bathroom that has hot water and heaters.
5) They offer free breakfast in their neighbouring restaurant every morning. They also offer food and drinks on their open terrace restaurant.
6) Supermarkets, ATMs, travel agencies, booking offices and other important traveler needs are all located close by.
7) The hostel offers good speed wi-fi on all its hostel floors.
8) The hostel comes with round the clock security, reception and CCTVs.
9) The hostel doesn’t have a lift and has narrow spiral staircases. This might be a problem if you have to carry heavy suitcases.
10) The hostel reception is very helpful and resourceful with information and tips about everything. I had so many questions directed at Mustafa and he calmly answered them nicely and clearly for me.
11) Since the hostel is located in the touristy area and close to the mosque, do prepare for some sounds especially during prayer time and during the day when traffic moves around.
If you are looking for a good and comfortable budget hostel in the heart of the tourist area of Sultanahmet and would like to see a view every day and night of your stay without paying anything more, then this is the place for you. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here.