Getting a Singapore tourist visa in Jakarta is pretty simple. I applied for my visa this Tuesday and got it this Friday evening. This post is to help you understand the visa submission and collection process.
Singapore Embassy in Jakarta is on Jalan Rasuna Said in Central Jakarta.
Embassy working days are Monday to Friday, except for Singapore and Indonesian holidays.
Visa Submission time: 8:30 AM to 11 AM
Visa Collection time: 4 PM to 5 PM
Document required for submission: 1) Original Passport with 6 months validity and 2 blank pages
2) One color passport size photograph
3) One photocopy of passport front and back pages
4) Onward and return flight tickets
5) Completed visa application form (form can be collected at the embassy free of cost)
Visa cost: 237,000 rupiah (The embassy requests you to provide exact change). They don’t accept any other currency.
After submission, you are given a receipt for the visa fee and an acknowledgement for your visa submission. You are supposed to bring this acknowledgement on the 4th day after submission (Submission + 3 days). On the evening of collection, you can collect your e-visa printout. It is as simple as that. My visa says that I am allowed entry for 30 days and it is valid for multiple entry even though I thought I applied for single entry.
Key things to note:
1) The embassy allows you to apply for the visa only when you flight date is less than 5 weeks away from the visa submission date. I went to the embassy with the form 7 weeks before my actual travel and they declined to accept my application.
2) The embassy security guards are very strict about the embassy timings. So, do plan to be in early to accommodate for the notorious Jakarta traffic.
3) The embassy security guards do not allow anything in except your passport, documents and wallet. The rest of the stuff needs to be put in a safety locker that they provide at the entrance. It is best to go with very less stuff.
4) If you are staying in the Cikini area or the tourist hub of Jalan Jaksa, a ojek ride should take you 30 minutes and between 20,000 and 25,000 rupiah. A taxi should cost you the same or more depending on traffic, but will definitely take more time.