When I was scouring the roads of Pakse in search of budget accommodation, I found out that all the truly budget guest houses were full and that is how I landed at the Saigon Champasak Guest House. Even though, it is slightly pricey when compared to the budget guest houses, it is total bang for the buck and gives you essential luxury for the hot summer at a reasonable price. I stayed here for 3 nights over two separate trips and this review is based on my recent experience.
1) For 80,000 kip or USD 10, one can get a large air conditioned room with wardrobes, an attached bathroom with good hot shower, a TV set, a fridge and a very comfortable double bed.
2) This guest house is the type of place you would stay if you want to take some quality rest or want to get your strength back or simply indulge in some luxury.
3) The place is run by a Vietnamese family who don’t speak much of English, but are very helpful. They ensure that your stay is as worry free as possible.
4) Wi-fi is free and the speed is among the faster ones in Pakse. They have a router for each floor which helps.
5) Like most other guest houses in Pakse, this one too is situated close to all the restaurants, booking agencies and supermarkets.
6) The best part about the rooms in this guest house is that the rooms and the bathrooms smell fresh and the rooms are very well aired.
This guest house is ideal for budget travelers who can speak a bit more than true budget. And it is definitely worthwhile for people seeking rest.