Won’t it be nice to have the luxuries of a 5 star hotel for the price of a 3 star? Well, that is what the Ibis Hotels swear by and which I figured out on my recent stay at their Ibis Bencoolen property in the heart of the business and cultural district of Singapore. This below hotel review is based on this recent experience of mine.
1) This hotel says it will ensure a good night’s sleep for you. They provide super comfortable beds and soft pillows, a sound proof room and a room that can be made totally dark. I think this is one of the top perks of this hotel.
2) The basic rooms might be a bit small, but they are packed with all the necessary amenities of a larger hotel, like comfortable surroundings, hot showers, hair dryer, iron box and board, television, mini bar, temperature controlled environment, wi-fi, tea/coffee service and more.
3) They offer free breakfast in the morning that is quite elaborate and a in-house restaurant for other times. They also offer room service.
4) They are one of those eco friendly hotels who care about the environment and hence offer free glass bottles with filtered water, energy efficient lighting and accessories that prevent wastage of water. If you are the eco friendly type, you will definitely like these features.
5) The hotel is located right next to the Bugis MRT station and hence has great location value. The central business district, the Orchard road shopping district and most of the cultural attractions are located at close walking distance from the hotel.
6) The hotel’s support staff and front desk are very customer service oriented and are always eager to help you out.
7) For all the above, the cost for a big, yet basic room is less than INR 7000, which is quite a good price considering the location, facilities and 3 star status of this hotel.
I really liked the features of this hotel and found it to be total value for money. If you are a couple on a holiday to Singapore or on a business trip and are looking for economy 3 star hotels that tilts towards luxury, the Ibis Bencoolen should be a great option for you.