Last Sunday, I was at the Sheraton Bangalore hotel at Brigade Gateway on Dr. Rajkumar road to have lunch with my family. The Sheraton Bangalore has a restaurant called the ‘Feast’ where they serve buffet every day from 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm. My overall experience at this restaurant was mixed. Below is a complete review of my lunch experience here.
1) Aren’t 5 Stars supposed to be the best in service? Then, why did I find an alarming fall in this trait? Even surprising is that this is a new property and typically newer hotels adore their customers and try to ensure that they absolutely become repeat customers.
2) The spread at the buffet was pretty impressive. The cuisine was international with Thai soups, Mexican, Italian and Indian starters, Japanese, Italian and Indian main course. But, only about 50% of the dishes were really up-to-the-mark. Keep in mind that I am talking only about vegetarian food items. Since my entire family is vegetarian, I can’t comment much about the non-vegetarian fare.
3) The dessert spread was great too, though I would have liked some more options of hot desserts. They had a good blend of international and Indian desserts and some were real good too. What I never understood is why the international desserts are made more sweet than they are supposed to be. May be, it is for the Indian palate, but I somehow prefer the authentic taste of the dessert. For e.g., the walnut cake and the brownie were sweeter than the Indian Rasagulla.
4) In terms of ambience, the place reflects typical five star standards, which is good. At some places in the restaurant, I would have loved to have some more walking space, especially since this is a buffet restaurant that requires a lot of walking around.
5) In terms of entertainment, the restaurant had some live music going, which was hardly appealing. I don’t even remember once singing with the live band even though they played most of my favorite numbers. The best thing in the restaurant was the ‘balloon artist’ which all kids absolutely loved. This artist could make anything with his balloons, be it a sword, a crown, a motorcycle or other interesting designs. My nephew refused to eat till he had gone and met the artist and got a sword for himself. Such was the artist’s control over the young ones!
6) On weekends, the restaurant sees quite a crowd and there is a good chance that you might have to wait in spite of having booked in advance. But, the wait is not at all irritating unlike the other restaurants in the city where we have to simply sit on our chairs. Here at the Sheraton, there are 2 lounges. One that hosts 3 or 4 Wii gaming devices (with a whole lot of games) with large televisions. This is a super hit especially if you have kids with you, coz it are those who lose their patience real quick. The second lounge is one where one can relax and sip a nice drink (alcoholic and non-alcoholic).
Overall, my experience here was mixed. I really liked the hotel property and its location, but felt that the food left a lot to be desired considering the load that it puts on the wallet. I might visit their other restaurants though to see how they are.