There are some of these luxury hotels where you feel like you should stay a bit longer. The Sokha Angkor resort in Siem Reap, Cambodia is one such hotel. I stayed here for 2 days and 1 night while I was on an invite from the Tourism Authority of Thailand and Ministry of Tourism of Cambodia. The hotel was so appealing and comfortable that I wished I could stay here much longer. The below review of this place is based on my recent experience of staying here.
1) The ambience of this fiver star resort is top class. It’s traditional design, its aromatic fragrance, its service-oriented staff and its central location bowls me over completely.
2) The rooms are massive, come with a traditional flavour, overlook the swimming pool and come equipped with the latest luxuries.
3) Their in-house spa looked very tempting and I am sure I will indulge in it the next time I visit them.
4) The hotel is located right in the heart of Siem Reap city and is close to the old market and pub street area, which are very popular areas of the city.
5) Their swimming pool is the best way to relax after a warm day exploring the Angkor temples around Siem Reap.
6) Their dining options are also fantastic. My personal favorite is the Le Chanthou, which is Cambodian food with a bit of French style. The Irish pub is a great way to relax after an exhausting travel day and make new friends over beer, cocktails and a game of 8 ball (pool).
7) Sokha also has a stretch limousine SUV, which is perfect if you wish to explore Siem Reap in total luxury and style.
If you wish to explore Siem Reap, indulge in super luxury and go home rejuvenated, the Sokha Angkor Resort is one of those places you should look at. I am generally not a five star kind of person, but this place really bowled me over.