Malaysia as a country offers a visa friendly policy to Indian citizens, but doesn’t offer visa on arrival to Indians. One cannot also go directly to their embassy or consulate in India and apply for a visa. Instead, the Malaysian consulate requires everyone to go through an authorized travel agent. But, this is where the problems end. The best part about applying for a Malaysia visa from India is that Indians get a 12 month multiple entry visa instead of a single entry visa.
The procedure for the tourist visa process is simple. You go through either VFS or an authorized travel agent with the following documents:
1) Original Passport that has at least 3 blank pages. If passport is less than 3 months old, then sometimes the embassy requires bank statements of 3 months
2) Completed visa application form
3) 2 or 3 passport size photographs (Refer the Malaysia visa form for photo size and specifications)
4) Return flight tickets
5) A sponsor letter if you have one, but it is not mandatory
6) A visa fee of INR 1000 + agent fee of either INR 1500 or 2000 depending on agent
If everything is in order, you can get your visa and passport in 4-5 days depending on your office location. And the visa in your hand will allow you multiple entries into Malaysia for a period of 12 months with each visit allowing the visitor to stay in Malaysia for 30 days.