I had recently traveled to Abu Dhabi as part of an invite from Abu Dhabi tourism, During this trip, I stayed at the Fairmont Bab Al Bahr property for 5 days. This hotel, whose name literally translates into ‘Gateway to the Sea’ is a fantastic luxury five star hotel. I think this property is great for Indians visiting Abu Dhabi and hence am putting together a detailed review.
1) This hotel has great location. It is located by a ocean creek and most of the rooms offer great views of the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, one of Abu Dhabi’s main tourist attractions.
2) It is located mid way between the Abu Dhabi international airport and Abu Dhabi downtown. Hence, it is just 15 to 20 minutes away from most hot spots.
3) The entire hotel has a great contemporary look wherein everything is designed like an underwater experience. All their rooms come with all luxuries and modern facilities. If you opt for the presidential access, you are bound to be pampered very well with some exclusive privileges.
4) The hotel has many in-house restaurants, each serving delicious food and beverages. During my 5 day stay here, I tried out 3 of their restaurants and enjoyed all my meals.
5) The hotel has a scenic waterfront, which is an ideal place for a walk during the cooler evening hours.
6) Since it is ongoing soccer world cup season, they had put a tent by the waterfront with huge screens. This was a great idea and a great setup to enjoy the soccer matches with your drinks.
7) The swimming pool, the business lounges, the spas and the in-house shopping areas of the hotel are very good.
8) The service levels of this hotel are top class and their concierge team is very efficient.
9) The hotel has internet connectivity all through their property, though the network signals are a bit weak inside the restaurant areas.
Overall, if you are looking for a luxurious and comfortable stay in Abu Dhabi, then the Fairmont Bab Al Bahr definitely makes the cut. If doesn’t matter whether you are a business traveler or a holidaymaker, this hotel has something for all kinds of people. And don’t miss out their very juicy summer discounts.