.The last 9 days I have been in the beautiful and quiet island of Ko Lanta. During these 6 days, I have been staying at Ma Ma bungalows that is located close to the Klong Khong beach and is located more or less in the center of the island. The best part about this location is that it is quiet, close to the beach and not too far away from the markets. Below is my review based on my current experience of staying here.
1) For 400-500 THB, you get your own bamboo hut (with fan) with private bathroom and private sit-out I think just this makes it a good deal.
2) The place is quiet, has a lot of greenery and is one of those places where you can sit out on your porch and read a book for long hours. In the evening time there are some mosquitos, though much lesser than some other places on the island.
3) These bamboo huts are located at about 2 minutes from the Klong Khong beach and access is through the Bee Bee Bungalows property. The beach is quiet and has its own relaxed style with weekend parties and easy going style.
4) The bungalows is run by a family who provide motorbikes on rent, some books and arrange tours for you.
5) The place is close to a lot of restaurants, 7-11 shop, markets and more making it easy to get your supplies.
6) The only thing missing in the place is internet connectivity. But, that too gives it a complete cut off feel. Since I need connectivity to work, I go to the restaurants with connectivity.
The Ma Ma bungalows are ideal for couples, backpackers and travelers who like to stay on low budgets and for a longer duration. I would definitely recommend this place to such kind of travelers.