Koh Samui is the largest island in the Gulf of Thailand and owing to its size, it offers a variety of accommodation catering to a wide range of budgets. During my stay of 2 nights and 3 days at Koh Samui, I stayed at P Chaweng Guest House that is located on the Chaweng Beach road of Koh Samui. Below is my review of this place.
1) The place offers a clean and large air conditioned room with TV and attached bathroom for 500 THB. Since I checked out more than 20 hotels on 2 beaches, I can say that this is a great deal for this price.
2) The guest house is located just off the Chaweng main market road, thus offering great proximity to the happening life on Chaweng Beach, be its sea food restaurants, its shopping areas, its bars and the beach itself.
3) The place has free wifi and offer a couple of desktops for folks who are carrying a tablet or laptop.
4) They also stock a library and a small kitchen where you can get snacks or hot/cold drinks.
5) The front desk is fairly helpful and guides you with navigation, planning, etc.
6) Since the place is located slightly inside from the market road, there is hardly any noise in the night.
I would recommend this place for all kinds of budget travelers who are looking to stay at Chaweng beach, one of the more happening beaches on the island of Koh Samui.