Gold coast is one of those top destinations of Australia where indulgence and luxury are totally worth it. On my recent trip there, I stayed at the Sofitel Broadbeach Hotel and the below review is based on my recent experience of staying here.
1) This is one of those 5 star hotels that is truly 5 star class. Everything about it is luxury and top quality. Be it rooms, service, food, amenities, location, view or others, it comes up trumps.
2) My favorite memory of this hotel was the gorgeous view of the surf and golden beach from my room balcony. If you are looking for a room with a view, you should specifically ask for such a room and I am sure you will not be disappointed. They have rooms that offer both river and ocean views.
3) The hotel has prime location. Located on broadbeach, it is away from the busy Surfers Paradise, but just a couple of tram stops away if you want to zone in onto the action.
4) There is a fully functional shopping mall right under the hotel and that makes for great shopping access. If you carry your room access card, you will get your own private hotel entrance and exits.
5) The hotel has 2 great swimming pools. One on the roof that is great for views and night parties and the one at ground level that is bigger and more suited for fun and frolic.
6) The restaurants in this hotel dish out great food. In fact, some of the best vegetarian food I had in Australia was at this hotel.
7) In case, you are planning for a Gold Coast dream wedding, this hotel has some outstanding wedding rooms and roof top access.
If you are looking for pure play luxury on the Gold Coast, the Sofitel Broadbeach has to be one of your top options.