Abyaneh is one of those off beat destinations that I was lucky to explore on my recent backpacking trip to Iran. It has rich culture, sensationally beautiful nature and warm-hearted people. During my recent visit, I stayed at the Viuna Hotel, a beautiful budget to mid level hotel located with a commanding view of the entire Abyaneh village. I stayed here for 2 days and 1 night and the below review of mine is based on this recent experience of mine.
1) This hotel commands great views. From most of the rooms, you can see the mountains, the Abyaneh village with its mud buildings and the valley in front. These views are to die for and make for great coffee/tea sessions during sunrise and sunset.
2) Even though this hotel comes under the budget category, it offers all facilities like heating, hot water, western style toilets, backup electricity, television, etc.
3) Breakfast is served free of cost to all its customers and their in-house restaurant also dishes out great Iranian lunch and dinner.
4) The hotel provides free wi-fi to its customers, but while I was there this wi-fi was available only in the restaurant area.
5) The hotel is located right at the edge of the Abyaneh village. Even the other extreme of the village can be walked easily in 30 minutes. The hotel provides a map to its customers to help with navigating the village easily.
6) The support staff of the hotel are extremely friendly, though they speak Farsi only. Some of them even double up as a guide to make sure you have a good time.
This is one of those places where you should stay just simply for the view. And it is also one of those places that offer you great value for money. And third, Abyaneh is quite a special location. Personally, I would definitely return to this place and hotel again.